Sunday, February 7, 2010

"Foot in the Door" Show at MIA


I entered the "Foot in the Door" show today at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts. The show is named as such because your piece has to fit into a 12" X 12" box in order to qualify for entry; (luckily I work pretty small anyways). I entered the piece below that I just recently finished for my self promo postcard. I had to quickly mount and frame it today since I just heard about the show yesterday and the final day to enter was today. Looks like I will be exhibiting with thousands of other artists in MN as the show is open to all artists in the state. The show only comes around every ten years so I thought I should catch it this time around. The opening will be on February 18th from 6 - 9 pm. I am looking forward to it already as it should be a great time to see other artists in my new home state.

"Blackberry Jam" 
  gouache,
  2010

(click to enlarge)

No comments:

Post a Comment