Saturday, February 6, 2010

New Name Painting Finished

This is a name painting I recently finished for a little girls birthday present. It has her name in it with the letters integrated into the nature scene. I made another one for a friend in the past and decided to try another one. I had fun painting the scene with some really bright colors using gouache paint. Lately I have been straying from using my old favorite of watercolor and moving on to gouache paint. The paint being a blend or acrylic and watercolor is easier for me to get great bright colors that are more opaque but I can also water it down and get a wash look as well. I enjoy getting more of a contrast in my pieces then before when I would just use light tones in watercolor. But I still enjoy using cold press watercolor paper as the texture is great.





No comments:

Post a Comment